Farxiga is a widely prescribed drug to control your blood sugar if you are suffering from Type-II diabetes. The medicine is known to remove some blood sugar through the urine thereby treating the ailment to some extent.
However, there are reports of several side effects of Farxiga which are ranged from mild to severe in patients known to have taken in the pill.
Side effects and complications of Farxiga:
- Dehydration: Farxiga intake might leave you dehydrated making you feel dizzy, lightheaded, or weak. The risk of being dehydrated goes up if you have low blood pressure.
- Ketoacidosis: Symptoms include nausea, tiredness, vomiting, trouble breathing, and abdominal pain, and can result in hospitalization and even death.
- Kidney problems: Farxiga is known to have caused sudden kidney injury. Immediate doctor consultation is suggested if you reduce the amount you eat or drink, or if you lose liquid by vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive heat exposure.
- Serious UTI (Urinary Tract Infections): This too can lead to hospitalization. Any problems related to passing urine or pain during urination should be immediately dealt with.
- Low Blood Sugar (hypoglycemia): Any symptoms of low blood sugar including shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat, dizziness, hunger, headache, and irritability should be immediately taken care.
- Bacterial infection under the skin or around the genitals: This is rare, but if it happens, can lead to hospitalization, surgeries and even death.
- Vaginal yeast infection: Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience vaginal odor, white or yellowish vaginal discharge, or vaginal itching.
- Yeast infection around the skin of penis: Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience redness, itching, or swelling of the penis; rash of the penis; foul smelling discharge from the penis; or pain in the skin around penis.
- Increase in bad cholesterol (LDL-C): LDL-C level should be under regular check.
- Bladder cancer: Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have blood or a red color in your urine or pain while you urinate. It is reported that bladder cancer occurred in a few more people who were taking Farxiga than in people who were taking other diabetes medications.
Any serious health condition that might be the side effect of Farxiga is entitled for a legal settlement. If you are among the victims of Farxiga side effects, you might be eligible for compensation. Contact InvokanaSideEffects.us at http://www.invokanasideeffects.us or call at (855) 973-4136 for more details.