Have you been injured by Invokana side effects? Do you have any such complications that result in abnormal weight loss, blood infections, bone fracture, high cholesterol, kidney stones, urinary tract infections and leg and foot amputations? These all are the serious side effects of Invokana, and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Contact an Invokana lawyer at InvokanaSideEffects for a free consultation to check if you are eligible for filing a lawsuit. Call at (855)973-4136 or contact on www.invokanasideeffects.us for more details.
Farxiga is a widely prescribed drug to control your blood sugar if you are suffering from Type-II diabetes. The medicine is known to remove some blood sugar through the urine thereby treating the ailment to some extent.
However, there are reports of several side effects of Farxiga which are ranged from mild to severe in patients known to have taken in the pill.
Side effects and complications of Farxiga:
- Dehydration: Farxiga intake might leave you dehydrated making you feel dizzy, lightheaded, or weak. The risk of being dehydrated goes up if you have low blood pressure.
- Ketoacidosis: Symptoms include nausea, tiredness, vomiting, trouble breathing, and abdominal pain, and can result in hospitalization and even death.
- Kidney problems: Farxiga is known to have caused sudden kidney injury. Immediate doctor consultation is suggested if you reduce the amount you eat or drink, or if you lose liquid by vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive heat exposure.
- Serious UTI (Urinary Tract Infections): This too can lead to hospitalization. Any problems related to passing urine or pain during urination should be immediately dealt with.
- Low Blood Sugar (hypoglycemia): Any symptoms of low blood sugar including shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat, dizziness, hunger, headache, and irritability should be immediately taken care.
- Bacterial infection under the skin or around the genitals: This is rare, but if it happens, can lead to hospitalization, surgeries and even death.
- Vaginal yeast infection: Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience vaginal odor, white or yellowish vaginal discharge, or vaginal itching.
- Yeast infection around the skin of penis: Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience redness, itching, or swelling of the penis; rash of the penis; foul smelling discharge from the penis; or pain in the skin around penis.
- Increase in bad cholesterol (LDL-C): LDL-C level should be under regular check.
- Bladder cancer: Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have blood or a red color in your urine or pain while you urinate. It is reported that bladder cancer occurred in a few more people who were taking Farxiga than in people who were taking other diabetes medications.
Any serious health condition that might be the side effect of Farxiga is entitled for a legal settlement. If you are among the victims of Farxiga side effects, you might be eligible for compensation. Contact InvokanaSideEffects.us at http://www.invokanasideeffects.us or call at (855) 973-4136 for more details.
Invokana (canagliflozin) is an inhibitor of sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) which is a FDA-approved medication and is used for treating type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It is strictly prohibited for using it in the treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
Invokana was launched as a Janssen’s product and given its easy dietary restrictions, it quickly made its way as one of the most popular medications for diabetes. Unfortunately, soon after it was released, there were plenty of negative reports. In fact, in May 2015, the FDA warned about Invokana’s potentially life-threatening side-effect diabetic ketoacidosis (with excess amount of ketones in the body) became a serious concern in the medical industry. In September 2015, there was a revised FDA warning highlighting how invokana can increase the risk of bone fracture and decreased bone mineral density.
The invokana lawsuit update allows the victims of this drug to claim for the damage awards if they have suffered from any of the above stated complications.
The following side effects have been most frequently reported by patients who are taking invokana:
- amputation of lower limb
- impairment of renal function
- acute kidney complications
- increased low-density lipoprotein
- bone fracture
According to invokana lawsuit update, the injured patients alleged Janssen Pharmaceuticals of the following points:
- not disclosing the clear information to the FDA
- failed to mention the risks of taking invokana
- did not conduct proper clinical safety trials
- failed to warn both the patients and doctors of the life-threatening side effects
Current status of invokana lawsuits
There are no known group settlements presently involving the use of Invokana. During the last months of 2015, a couple of lawsuits were filed in Missouri and Illinois. The lawsuits need to sort out the specific interaction linked within the renal failure and use of Invokana.
Your voice matters
The invokana lawyers help to fight against the pharmaceutical giants.
Invokana is a SGLT2 inhibitor which was approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes. The drugs are prescribed to adults to help them lower the blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. It works by preventing the absorption of sugar by the kidneys and get them pass through urine. It is an oral diabetic medicine and is the generic name of the drug is canagliflozin.
However, this popular diabetic medication has been reported of some serious life-threatening complications. Patients who have suffered from the injuries of the drug filed for invokana settlements.
Some serious health risks associated with the drug include but not limited to the follwoing:
- Ketoacidosis – it is a condition where there is excess ketones and acid in the bloodstream and should be taken to immediate medical attention. Frequent urination (polyuria), slow or deep breathing, confusion, frequent unconsciousness, loss of appetites are some of the common symptoms of Ketoacidosis.
- Invokana can cause the potassium level in the bloodstream to increase resulting in a condition medically termed as hyperkalemia.
- Invokana can cause potentially fatal arrhythmias of the heart
- Patients can also suffer from hypotension which is caused by the blood pressure falling below the normal rate. It is accompanied by heart disease, dehydration, bleeding, adrenal insufficiency, infections and other non-neurologic conditions.
What are the main reasons for the allegations?
The victims can pursue invokana settlements in the U.S. courts if they have been wrongly affected by the drug. In the court filings, the attorneys argue that:
- Invokana is a unreasonably dangerous drug with inherently defective composition
- The drug makers failed to do proper clinical research about the medication
- Johnson & Johnson was careless in the manufacturing of the drug and imparted a huge risk on the public health
- They knowingly did not inform the physicians and the patients about the potential side effects of the medicine
- Johnson & Johnson concealed the facts of the harmful side effects and wrongly promoted about the safety of the medication
If you or someone you love has been injured by the complications of the drug, get in touch with the team of Invokanasideeffects.us. They will help you determine whether your case is eligible for financial compensation.
Invokana is a commonly prescribed oral diabetes medicine which is available as an over-the-counter drug and is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. Although it was declared a safe drug by FDA, the medication has been associated with some serious side effects, many of which can lead to life threatening consequences.
This widely known diabetes drug was reported to injure hundreds of patients who filed demanding for invokana settlements. Some of the common health issues reported includes:
- lower limb amputation
- increased low-density lipoprotein
- bone fracture
- impairment of renal function
- acute kidney injury
What are the main accusations against the drug makers?
Pharmaceutical giants such as Invokamet and Jardiance have been named in the invokana settlements cases. The highlights of the lawsuit include the following points:
- The drug is defective and unreasonably dangerous
- Johnson & Johnson’s marketing misrepresented the effectiveness and safety of Invokana
- The company withhold the drug’s dangers from the FDA, physicians and the public
- Did not clearly mention about the health risks linked with the drug
- Failed to conduct proper clinical research and safety trials
- Janssen has been neglectful about the quality of invokana
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: Patients can have a situation termed as Ketoacidosis where the blood has high level of ketones in the bloodstream. Undiagnosed condition of Ketoacidosis can become very serious with dehydration, brain swelling, coma or even death.
- Renal complications: the FDA revealed in 2016 how patients taking Invokana are at a higher risk of kidney complications which can lead up to the need of emergency hospitalization and dialysis. As understood, it can cause fatal situations as well. There have been reports which ended up in dialysis.
- Lower Body Amputation: Poor circulation, peripheral arterial disease and nerve damage roots to serious foot problems in patients taking Invokana. A study by the FDA found that patients under this medication are exposed to double the risk of leg and foot amputations than those who took other medications.
If your loved one suffered from the complications of Invokana, get in touch with the expert team of invokanasideeffects.us. They will help you get a free and confidential legal consultation and help you determine if the case is eligible for financial compensation.
Glucose is the main sugar found in blood. It is an important source of energy as well as provides nutrients to the organs of the body. However, the blood glucose is too high; you may suffer from several conditions. Termed as diabetes, it is the condition when your body loses the immunity power and as a result you may suffer from certain complications.
There is no medicine in the market that can cure the condition completely. Only with some medications, it can be improved a bit. Invokana is one such medication that is used to control type 2 diabetes. Though the FDA has approved the medication, various patients have suffered from several complications including:
- Urinary tract infections
- Yeast infections
- Kidney problems
- Bone fractures
If you have suffered from any of these and want to take some steps against the manufacturing company by filing a lawsuit, get the assistance from the experienced lawyers. They can also help you in Invokana settlements. By combining their years of experience and expertise, they will make sure of the fact that you get the compensation that you deserve.
InvokanaSideEffects.us is working for the ones who are suffering for the ill-effects of the drug for a long period of time. They can also help you with the same. Their lawyers will not ask for a fee until you get the compensation. For further queries, call at 1 (855) 973-4136 or visit their website http://invokanasideeffects.us/.
Medicines always have some side-effects and problems, especially if you consider medication for serious health concerns like type 2 diabetes. Such conditions require powerful medicines and treatments, and they usually tend to have some uncomfortable side-effects. However, these risks shouldn’t outweigh the health benefits or cause serious health problems. That’s exactly what medicines like Farxiga do. At Invokana411, we’ve seen a surge of lawsuits filed against manufacturers of Farxiga, Invokana, and similar formulations because of their serious consequences and side effects.
What are Farxiga side effects?
Farxiga was marketed heavily even though manufacturers knew the medication had a number of serious side effects. This medication is prescribed to people with type 2 diabetes and helps improve the removal of sugar in the kidney. Several dozen people have filed lawsuits because the medication is likely to cause problems like:
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Leg or foot amputation
This medication can also cause milder side effects like yeast infections, dizziness, UTI, trouble breathing, nausea, etc. If you notice any serious Farxiga side effects, contact your doctor immediately and seek medical intervention. This will help prevent more dangerous and life-threatening side effects.
How can we help?
We’ve kept an eye on all the lawsuits filed against manufacturers of Farxiga and similar medications so we understand the full scope of these cases. Our injury lawyers are aware of the different companies involved the legal battle and can provide council based on information from cases related to that particular manufacturer. Here’s how we can help:
- Our lawyer will examine the entire case carefully to understand the extent of injury, its impact, and the liability of the manufacturers.
- They will check to see if the case is within the Statute of Limitations. Cases outside the Statute of Limitations can’t be filed, which is why it’s important to contact a lawyer as quickly as you can.
- The lawyer will explain the case, consult with third-party medical professionals, and collect evidence to make arguments on your behalf. They will also offer honest advice on the chances of success and keep you updated on the news.
If you want to know more about the Farxiga side effects and the case, get in touch with us at Invokana Side Effects immediately. You can call 1 855 974 4136 or use our contact us form to book a free first consultation on your case.