Have you been injured by Invokana side effects? Do you have any such complications that result in abnormal weight loss, blood infections, bone fracture, high cholesterol, kidney stones, urinary tract infections and leg and foot amputations? These all are the serious side effects of Invokana, and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Contact an Invokana lawyer at InvokanaSideEffects for a free consultation to check if you are eligible for filing a lawsuit. Call at (855)973-4136 or contact on www.invokanasideeffects.us for more details.
Farxiga is a widely prescribed drug to control your blood sugar if you are suffering from Type-II diabetes. The medicine is known to remove some blood sugar through the urine thereby treating the ailment to some extent.
However, there are reports of several side effects of Farxiga which are ranged from mild to severe in patients known to have taken in the pill.
Side effects and complications of Farxiga:
- Dehydration: Farxiga intake might leave you dehydrated making you feel dizzy, lightheaded, or weak. The risk of being dehydrated goes up if you have low blood pressure.
- Ketoacidosis: Symptoms include nausea, tiredness, vomiting, trouble breathing, and abdominal pain, and can result in hospitalization and even death.
- Kidney problems: Farxiga is known to have caused sudden kidney injury. Immediate doctor consultation is suggested if you reduce the amount you eat or drink, or if you lose liquid by vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive heat exposure.
- Serious UTI (Urinary Tract Infections): This too can lead to hospitalization. Any problems related to passing urine or pain during urination should be immediately dealt with.
- Low Blood Sugar (hypoglycemia): Any symptoms of low blood sugar including shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat, dizziness, hunger, headache, and irritability should be immediately taken care.
- Bacterial infection under the skin or around the genitals: This is rare, but if it happens, can lead to hospitalization, surgeries and even death.
- Vaginal yeast infection: Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience vaginal odor, white or yellowish vaginal discharge, or vaginal itching.
- Yeast infection around the skin of penis: Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience redness, itching, or swelling of the penis; rash of the penis; foul smelling discharge from the penis; or pain in the skin around penis.
- Increase in bad cholesterol (LDL-C): LDL-C level should be under regular check.
- Bladder cancer: Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have blood or a red color in your urine or pain while you urinate. It is reported that bladder cancer occurred in a few more people who were taking Farxiga than in people who were taking other diabetes medications.
Any serious health condition that might be the side effect of Farxiga is entitled for a legal settlement. If you are among the victims of Farxiga side effects, you might be eligible for compensation. Contact InvokanaSideEffects.us at http://www.invokanasideeffects.us or call at (855) 973-4136 for more details.
Invokana (canagliflozin) is an inhibitor of sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) which is a FDA-approved medication and is used for treating type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It is strictly prohibited for using it in the treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
Invokana was launched as a Janssen’s product and given its easy dietary restrictions, it quickly made its way as one of the most popular medications for diabetes. Unfortunately, soon after it was released, there were plenty of negative reports. In fact, in May 2015, the FDA warned about Invokana’s potentially life-threatening side-effect diabetic ketoacidosis (with excess amount of ketones in the body) became a serious concern in the medical industry. In September 2015, there was a revised FDA warning highlighting how invokana can increase the risk of bone fracture and decreased bone mineral density.
The invokana lawsuit update allows the victims of this drug to claim for the damage awards if they have suffered from any of the above stated complications.
The following side effects have been most frequently reported by patients who are taking invokana:
- amputation of lower limb
- impairment of renal function
- acute kidney complications
- increased low-density lipoprotein
- bone fracture
According to invokana lawsuit update, the injured patients alleged Janssen Pharmaceuticals of the following points:
- not disclosing the clear information to the FDA
- failed to mention the risks of taking invokana
- did not conduct proper clinical safety trials
- failed to warn both the patients and doctors of the life-threatening side effects
Current status of invokana lawsuits
There are no known group settlements presently involving the use of Invokana. During the last months of 2015, a couple of lawsuits were filed in Missouri and Illinois. The lawsuits need to sort out the specific interaction linked within the renal failure and use of Invokana.
Your voice matters
The invokana lawyers help to fight against the pharmaceutical giants.